Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thursday my wife and I will be traveling 3 hours away to see my family. It will be a good time with all of the food and family around - getting the chance to talk to those I haven't seen in a few months will really be nice.

Its difficult though, to try and spend time with family in two different areas of the state. I don't get to see my family that much, but I also wish that I could be in both places at once. Even though I see my wife's family almost daily, there is something special about seeing people on Thanksgiving and Christmas. For Christmas we have it worked out that we see my family on Christmas Eve and then return home to spend Christmas Morning with my wife's family. Thanksgiving is a bit more difficult because you can't exactly have Thanksgiving Dinner on Wednesday and then the same on Thursday (well, I guess you could but it wouldn't work out for us). So, we have come up with a plan to rotate where we go every year. Last year we spent Thanksgiving with my wife's family, and this year we will spend it with my family. It would be nice if we could all celebrate together, but in this day and age with people spread so far, its just not normally possible.

Tomorrow will be a good time to not only enjoy the company of our friends and family, but also contemplate the things that we are most thankful for. I am very thankful for my friends and family, but the thing I am most thankful for is that when I was lonely and thought no one cared there was someone who comforted me and stood with me. If you are feeling alone in this holiday season, and you don't think anyone cares - please be assured that someone does care and he is with you right now if you just ask him to be - his name is Jesus. I promise, he will never let you down. In his eyes, you are wonderful and you can never do anything that will make him not love you.

Jason

No comments: