Monday, November 24, 2008

Baby On The Way

My wife and I are expecting a new baby boy to join us around the beginning of March 2009. It's a lot to take in. I'm the sort of person who likes to procrastinate and get things done about the time they are "due", instead of planning ahead to make sure all my ducks are in a row.

The new baby is trying to change that! Not only are we planning the baby's room, but all the accessories that babies apparently need, as well as day care needs after my wife and I go back to work.

What amazes me is the range of items that "need" to be purchased for the baby. Clothing, bottles, diapers, bedding, crib, stroller, high chair, and the list goes on. I am truly thankful for baby registries and showers! I don't think anyone can actually afford to have a child, but with the help of family and friends, it becomes much easier to get started.

Before my wife was pregnant, I wasn't sure if I wanted a boy or a girl - but now I know that it doesn't matter as long as the baby is healthy. Although there is something cool about having a "first born son", maybe I am just a biblical nut! I have started thinking of the things that I can do with him and teach him, its a very interesting time in my life and I hope that I can do what's right for him.

And my wife has been wonderful. She has been working many hours lately and I know that it has been tough the past few months. She is always tired but pushes on anyway to accomplish the things that need to be done.

We still have many things to prepare, and I know that the baby will be here before I know it. My only demand is that I get my own diaper Bag - perhaps in cammo or OD green - I don't need to be carrying around a "pretty" diaper bag!

I found some items that will probably prove useful in the coming months so I thought I'd share them:

Jason

No comments: