Friday, October 24, 2008

Online Business #2

Plan For Success

This is a follow up to the the last post I did on my failed online business (although its hard to call it an online business when all the work was done offline).

After my last post, I have been thinking hard about a product based business I could start.

Product based would be the best in my opinion due to a few different factors:

Products can be reproduced either electronically or physically through a manufacturer.

The sale and shipment of a product can be automated.


Automation means that I can build up my business rather than being overworked without the capitol to hire any employees.


I have chosen a product and am currently working on updating www.hodgecc.com to reflect the change. I plan on doing search engine optimization as part of the design and once completed will test possible sales of the product. This process will give me a better idea of the profitability of my product and if I should scrap it or not.

I can't give too much away until I fully unveil the new website, but I will follow the progression on my blog as much as possible.

Please don't forget to check me out on twitter (http://www.twitter.com/jasonhodge)

Jason

No comments: